Bathrooms are teeming with germs, and germs can make your employees sick. Sick days lead to reduced productivity and eventual profit losses. Keeping your office bathrooms clean and free of germs is essential.
Most business owners do not have time to focus on cleaning chores, and their office bathrooms sometimes only receive a partial cleaning. Many business owners do not realize how dirty and full of germs their office bathrooms are until a professional cleaner, such as Corvus Janitorial Systems, comes in for a deep cleaning treatment.
These Bathroom Cleaning Chores Must Be Carried Out Every Time
While some bathroom chores are done sporadically, many need to be carried out each time the bathroom is cleaned, preferably daily. Daily cleanings prevent germs from growing on bathroom surfaces.
Professional janitorial services will take care of the following office cleaning chores for business owners.
Every surface area of toilets need to be cleaned and sanitized, including the following.
1. Inside and outside of the bowl
2. Top and bottom of the seat, including the hinges
3. Tank and flush handle
Urinals will also need to be cleaned. Janitorial services will clean and sanitize the following components.
1. Urinal handles
2. Internal screens
3. Inside and outside of the urinal
High Contact Areas
Some surfaces of office bathrooms are touched much more frequently than others. High contact areas must be cleaned and sanitized daily, sometimes multiple times a day. Some of the high contact areas in a bathroom include the following.
1. Door handles
2. Bathroom stall handles
3. ADA switches
4. Light switches
Sinks & Countertops
Sinks and countertops are also full of germs because these are areas where people wash their hands after using the restroom. The following must be cleaned and sanitized daily.
1. Faucet handles
3. Sink drains
6. Soap dispensers
Storage shelves need dusting and restocking to ensure the bathroom is fully stocked with supplies. Because these surfaces can also pick up germs, they should be disinfected regularly.
Bathroom flooring needs constant care to ensure it is free of dirt and germs. Attendants will need to remove any trash from the floor. Sweeping and mopping are essential chores that remove dirt, debris, and germs that may be hiding out in the crevices of the flooring.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Janitorial Service
Keeping office bathrooms clean and sanitized requires consistent work. Most business owners are too busy running their companies to devote themselves to cleaning bathrooms. Corvus can help.
Hiring a professional janitorial service offers many benefits. Business owners need to be aware of the advantages of hiring these professionals so they can take appropriate action for the health and safety of their employees and customers.
1. Creates a Good First Impression
First impressions are everything in the business world. When customers use your facilities, they will judge your business on the level of cleanliness. If your bathrooms are not clean or well stocked, customers will notice.
2. Protects Employees and Customers Against Germs
Bathrooms are the germiest places in offices. When bathrooms receive professional cleaning services, employees and customers are less likely to be exposed to germs that can make them ill. By hiring a professional janitorial service, business owners let their customers and employees know they care.
3. Promotes Cleanliness
Studies have shown employees feel more obligated to keep their workspaces clean when professional cleaners come in and carry out cleaning services. Business owners will find employees and customers are more likely to clean up after themselves, which promotes a healthier office environment.
4. Saves Money & Time
Business owners will find they save time and money when hiring a professional cleaning service to handle their office bathrooms and other chores. By hiring these services, business owners will have fewer employees’ sick days. Maintaining their flooring and other bathroom components will prevent expensive repairs and replacement.
5. Improves Employee Satisfaction
Employees report having a higher level of satisfaction when working in a clean environment. Dirty environments decrease employee morale and can affect production.
Choosing the Right Janitorial Service Is Essential
Once you decide to hire a janitorial service, selecting the right one becomes the next critical step. Business owners should not hire the first name they come across. Research allows business owners to ensure they pick the janitorial service that will offer them the highest level of professionalism.
When looking for a cleaning service, consider the following attributes.
- If you are looking for a janitorial service, only select one that is certified and fully insured. Certified and licensed services prove the company is operating legally. Insurance coverage protects both the business owner and the janitorial service’s employees.
- Ensure the service hires employees who are skilled and service-oriented. Inquire about the hiring practices. Learn what kind of screening employees go through before being hired.
- Reliability is crucial when hiring any cleaning service. Business owners want to be sure they choose a service that is going to be dependable and flexible. As your needs change, the service should adapt to meet them.
- Business owners should also consider environmentally conscious janitorial services. These services attempt to protect the environment by using cleaning products that are made from natural ingredients whenever possible. While not every cleaning business is concerned about their environmental impact, the best businesses care and take the appropriate steps to lessen their carbon footprints.
- Checking the reputation of the cleaning service will give you a good idea of what to expect from the level of cleaning they offer. Read reviews and ask for referrals from the company before deciding.
Professional Janitorial Services Keep Your Office Bathrooms Sparkling
Taking care of the needs of your business can be time-consuming and stressful. It is especially arduous to care for your office cleaning needs.
Bathrooms are one of the dirtiest and germiest spaces in any workplace. If you are not performing the cleaning steps above each day, your office bathroom may not be clean enough for employees or customers.
Hiring the best janitorial service will ensure your office bathrooms are clean and free of excessive germs that make people sick. Seeking professionals for these chores means one less worry for you. If you are looking for a new cleaning service, contact Corvus Janitorial Systems today.