Healthcare facilities are held to a higher standard than other commercial buildings because patient health depends on a germ-free environment. Most healthcare facilities rely on commercial cleaning companies to keep their premises clean and free of harmful bacteria that can make patients and employees ill.
Commercial Cleaning Services Are Essential for Healthcare Facilities
Healthcare facilities must maintain cleanliness to ensure the safety of their patients. Healthcare-associated infections occur when bacteria transfer from a surface to a person.
Transfer of bacteria arises from hand-to-hand contact, contact with contaminated surfaces, and from equipment. Keeping every surface in the healthcare facility clean and free of germs will eliminate healthcare-associated infections.
Healthcare-associated infections occur in the following facilities.
- Medical clinics
- Urgent care
- Medical offices
Without proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures, bacteria transmission may occur rapidly, putting patients and medical staff in danger. To provide patients and employees with the safest and most germ-free environment, it is critical to hire healthcare cleaning services, such as the services offered by Corvus Janitorial Systems, that specialize in healthcare facilities.
What to Look for in a Commercial Cleaning Service
Some cleaning services are ill-equipped to handle the rigorous demands of healthcare facility cleanliness. When searching for a professional cleaning company, there are a few things to consider.
Hospital-Grade Cleaners and Disinfectants
Because healthcare organizations provide care for the sick and dying, hiring a commercial cleaning service that uses hospital-grade cleaners and disinfectants is critical. High-level cleaning products kill bacteria and reduce the risks of infection transfers.
Waste and Contaminant Disposal
Proper waste and contaminant disposal is an integral service offered by professional cleaning companies. Choose a commercial cleaner that is well-versed in handling bio-waste correctly.
Cross-contamination prevention is one of the most significant challenges for hospitals, medical offices, and other healthcare facilities. You should select a commercial cleaning company with strict protocols in place to prevent cross-contamination.
Healthcare Cleaning Skills
To minimize patient dangers, select a cleaning company with extensive experience cleaning healthcare facilities, including hospitals, surgical centers, and medical offices. The company should have the skills, tools, equipment, and knowledge to handle proper disinfecting and pathogen removal while ensuring facilities are clean and sparkling.
A knowledgeable company is essential for ensuring a healthcare facility has the educational background necessary for understanding the latest cleaning procedures. You need to choose a company well-versed in the latest cleaning techniques to ensure your facility meets industry standards for cleanliness.
While often overlooked, the cleaning company should have excellent communication skills. The company should maintain prompt communication with you, while answering any questions or concerns you may have. The company should treat you and all employees with care and consideration.
Understanding the Benefits of Hiring Commercial Cleaners
All medical facilities must be free of germs and bacteria that can make patients ill. These facilities must also be visually presentable, free of dust, dirt, and grime and inviting. The following are some of the top benefits of hiring a commercial cleaner for a healthcare organization.
- Hiring a professional cleaning company offers a safer and healthier environment. Professional medical cleaning services limit the risks of spreading diseases and infections.When patients receive care in a germ-free environment, their odds of making a successful recovery increase. A professional cleaning company also reduces the risk of communicable diseases passing to healthcare workers.
- By seeking a commercial cleaning service, healthcare facilities will present a more inviting appearance to patients. It is essential to remember that healthcare facilities never have down days. You must clean and sanitize multiple times a day.A clean and professional atmosphere makes patients feel more confident in the care being provided to them. Patient satisfaction is integral to healthcare organizations. Healthcare facilities that are unclean cause patients to lack trust in their providers.
- Consistency is critical when it comes to cleaning a healthcare facility. When employees are tasked with the role of performing their jobs and cleaning, inconsistency may occur.A consistently clean and sanitized environment is essential for patient care. This environment is challenging to achieve without professional intervention.
Professional cleaning companies have strict protocols. The employees of these companies go through rigorous training to ensure they provide consummate services.
A commercial cleaning service, like Corvus, has the knowledge and skills to handle pathogens and ensure all surfaces are treated appropriately to remove germs.
Securing Healthcare Contracts Is Essential
Professional cleaning companies that want to secure healthcare contracts need to ensure they educate their employees on the healthcare cleaning protocols. The following tips should help a professional cleaning company obtain contracts more successfully.
- Learn about OSHA standards and those released by the Centers for Disease Control. These agencies offer extensive guidelines on cleaning healthcare facilities. Commercial cleaning services must remain current with the latest cleaning recommendations and abide by best practices.
- While training is integral when hiring new employees, this training must continue. Offer education courses for employees and keep their certificates on file.
- Using the right cleaning products is critical for removing the dangers of pathogens from a medical facility. If a cleaning company does not use hospital-grade cleaners and disinfectants, they likely will lose bids on contracts.
- Before finalizing a bid for a healthcare contract, cleaning companies must conduct a walkthrough just as they would with any contract. If there is any uncertainty when carrying out the walkthrough, withdraw the bid and continue to work on your operation. It is better to wait until the cleaning company is fully prepared for healthcare cleaning protocols.
Healthcare Facilities Require Professional Cleaning
Now, more than ever, professional cleaning is critical for healthcare agencies. Healthcare facilities need companies that can prevent problems like cross-contamination and pathogen exposure.
Professional cleaning companies that want to service healthcare organizations need to ensure they have the staff, materials, equipment, and education to handle the rigorous demands of keeping these facilities safe for patients and healthcare workers.
A professionally cleaned healthcare facility is better able to serve its patients and keep them safe from infection dangers. Commercial cleaning companies provide a needful service for their clients. Corvus Janitorial Systems can help. Please contact us today to learn more about our commercial cleaning services.